Are you looking for lost files? Accidentally emptied your recycling bin and want to recover your files? Feeling nosy and want to peek into the history of your hard drive (or any storage device)? DiskDigger will go through any disk and reveal what's been left there, for better or worse!
This free application can't do magic, obviously, and so won't be able to repair corrupted files it finds, and once a file's been deleted it can't guarantee to find it. It does do an exhaustive scan to find traces of what you want though, so if you file is indeed sitting on your disk somewhere, it will be found.
The great thing about DiskDigger is it doesn't require installation, and can be run from a portable drive. You can search a drive without leaving a trace of your search. James Bond aside, this also means it's lightweight and small. Using it is a cinch - choose the type of file you want to look for, choose the drive you want to search and off it goes. Searching a big HDD can be a lengthy experience, but worthwhile if you really want to find something!
When you find something, there's a button to save it wherever you want, although unfortunately DiskDigger has no search tool, which means you'll have to wade through the found files manually.
DiskDigger is an easy to use tool for scanning the contents of a drive in its entirety, but we hope future version feature a search!
- Support for recovering RED Video Camera videos (REDCODE, .R3D)
- Support for recovering OpenDocument files, including OpenDocument Text (.ODT), Spreadsheet (.ODS), Presentation (.ODP), and Graphics (.ODG)
- Support for recovering Windows Metafiles (.WMF), Enhanced Metafiles (.EMF), and their compressed analogs (.WMZ, .EMZ)
- Improved support for recovering .ZIP files
- Improved support for detecting FAT12 partitions on physical disks and disk images
- Updated translation into Turkish (thanks to Harun Ar?)